I Have two key post editing software programmes that I use, one is DXO Photolab the other On1 Photo RAW 2018. I’m pleased to see that the folks at ON1 are releasing an update in June. See the press release below:
Portland, OR – May 10, 2018 – Today, ON1, Inc. announces the new ON1 Photo RAW 2018.5, a significant update to Photo RAW 2018. Version 2018.5 will include a massive boost in overall performance, fixes for user reported issues, and new key features such as LUTs and camera profiles.
“We’re incredibly excited to unveil the new features in ON1 Photo RAW 2018.5 over the next several weeks. We plan on showcasing the new features and improvements through weekly videos leading up to the June release,” says ON1 President, Craig Keudell.
Key Features and Improvements
• Camera Profiles – Select the same looks you see on the back of your camera in ON1 PhotoRAW. Select from Natural, Portrait, Landscape, etc. depending on what your camera offers. These are not presets as they don’t adjust any of the sliders, and are non-destructive. These will include popular cameras like Fujifilm®.
• LUTs in Effects– LUTs or Look-Up Tables are a favorite way to add matte, vintage or
cinematic color grading looks. These will be available inside Effects in version 2018.5. A ton of LUTs will be available in the release along with individual packs from Matt Kloskowski, Tamara Lackey, and Hudson Henry. The common .3DL and .CUBE formats found online can be imported into Photo RAW. LUTs will work like any of the current filters in Effects. You canstack them, mask them and control the blending options.
• RAW+JPG – If you shoot RAW and JPG at the same time, you will be able to collapse and hide the JPG copy, so your library isn’t cluttered. Any metadata or file changes you make are mirrored to the JPG seamlessly.
• Faster Film Strip for Culling – Using the Filmstrip in Develop and Effects will be just as fast as in Browse. You will be able to switch photos instantly! You can even perform your editing and culling tasks, like ratings, labels, rotate and delete, while you are adjusting your raw processing.
• Transform Enhancements – The Transform pane in Develop will include new tools to
correct perspective and rotation issues along with a new grid will make it easier to visualize results.
• Nested Presets – Ability to better organize presets into a nested category structure will be added along with the ability to move, rename, delete, and nest presets and categories.
• Nested Albums – Nest albums or photos inside of other albums. If you are migrating from Lightroom®, your nested collections are brought over by the Lightroom migration assistant.
• Improved Brushing Performance – Brushing with the Masking Brush will be more fluid and responsive, especially on Windows computers with large or high-dpi displays.
• Background Export – Exporting will be processed in the background so customers can
continue to work on another job without having to wait for the export to finish. You can even stack multiple export jobs and continue working on your photos.
• Performance Boost & Increased Stability – Significant under the hood speed and stability improvements are coming in 2018.5. These include speedier switching of modules between Browse, Develop, and Effects along with switching and culling photos using the film strip in Develop and Effects.
• New Cameras & Lenses – Each update includes new cameras and lenses. The list is
continuously updated, and we will share the final details when version 2018.5 is released.
ON1 Photo RAW 2018.5 Exposed
Each week ON1 will be adding videos showcasing the new features and improvements available in version 2018.5. Get a sneak peek of the new camera profiles, new LUTs, and overall performance improvements at www.on1.com/exposed.
According the folks at ON1, ON1 Photo RAW 2018.5 will be available this June. The press release states that: New customers can purchase version 2018.1 today and receive 2018.5 as a free update once it becomes available. ON1 is running an introductory price of $99.99 for new customers for a limited time (Reg: $119.99). Owners of previous versions of ON1 can also upgrade at an introductory price of $79.99 (Reg: $99.99). Version 2018.5 is a free update for all owners of ON1 Photo RAW 2018. A single purchase of ON1 Photo RAW will include both Mac and Windows installers and activation for up to five computers. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, world-class customer support, hundreds of free video tutorials, and free ON1 Loyalty Rewards every month.
I’m personally looking forward to the updates. Below is an example of what you can achieve. This is shot of a local theatre not far from where I live. Check out the before and after.